… in the Earth Charter Movement
Eight things you can do today
- Disseminate the Earth Charter and raise awareness about it among your friends and in your local community.
- Endorse the Earth Charter and encourage the organizations to which you belong and your local and national governments to use and endorse the Earth Charter.
- Start an Earth Charter study group and explore how to use the Earth Charter and apply its principles in your home, work place, and local community.
- Use the Earth Charter in your activities, work, research or planning.
- Become a volunteer by helping ECI with a specific task or by setting up an action group on Education, or in your field of work.
- Collaborate with Earth Charter Partners and Affiliates and with other organizations that have endorsed the Earth Charter in your region.
- Make financial contributions or provide other resources and needed services in support of Earth Charter International and other Earth Charter projects.
- Consult and follow the Action Guidelines for Decentralized Expansion of the Earth Charter Movement.
Ways to use the Earth Charter
- Educational tool for developing understanding of the critical challenges and choices facing humanity and the meaning of a sustainable way of living
- Call to action and an ethical guide to a sustainable way of life that can inspire commitment, cooperation, and change
- Values framework to guide governments at all levels in the design of policies and strategies for building a just, sustainable and peaceful world
- Comprehensive framework for defining corporate social and ecological responsibility and formulating related mission statements and professional codes of conduct
- Catalyst for multi-sectoral, cross-cultural and inter-religious dialogue on common goals, shared values and global ethics
- Soft law document that provides an ethical foundation for the on-going development of environmental and sustainable development law
- Instrument for assessing progress toward the goal of sustainability