The judges have decided and the winners of the first Earth Charter video contest, organized by the Earth Charter International Secretariat in collaboration with the Odyssey 2050 movie project and the British Embassy of Costa Rica, have been chosen. Congratulations to the winner and to all participants.
Students from Belarus, Costa Rica, Holland, Italy, Mexico, Romania and the United States participated in this contest. Thank you very much for the wonderful work you’ve done. We invite you to see their videos in this link.
The judges of this contest were two staff members of the Earth Charter International Secretariat, one staff person from the University for Peace, and the coordinator of the Odyssey 2050 movie project.
We consider all videos submitted as winners, since they all gave the Odyssey 2050 producers great ideas for this movie.
The video that had the most votes and won the first prize is – It starts with one!
Submitted by students from Nottingham Elementary School in Arlington, Virginia, USA. This video made clear connections with the principles of the Earth Charter, it followed all the rules for participation, it is very inspirational and informative at the same time.
These are videos that the judges wanted to recognize for specific features.
- The most creative: To open our eyes. Submitted by students of High School of Arts Baia Mare, Romania
- The coolest: I want my life back. Submitted by Oleg Shchutsky. 18 years old student at Minsk State College of Electronics, Belarus.
- Best music: Orce Nikolov 1. Submitted by students from Orce Nikolov High School in Skopje, Macedonia.
- Best visual effects: Illusie. Submitted by students from AOC Terra Eelde, Holland.
- Best photography: A happy ending for Odyssey 2050. Video submitted by class 2 D of “B.Pascal” Institute of Teramo (Italy)
- The funniest: Global Madness. Submitted by Diego Garduno, from Carol Baur High School, Mexico.
All these videos will be featured at the Earth Charter side event in the UN Rio+20 Summit, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Once again, thank you for submitting your excellent ideas and keep on making a positive difference in the world by living the Earth Charter!