The Earth Charter Japan Asia-Pacific Committee is organizing a Conference on Education for Sustainable Development in the Asia-Pacific Region called:
“Mainstream, Link and Collaborate: Dialogues toward an expanded ESD Movement in Asia”.
This conference will take place at Rikkyo (St. Paul) University in Tokyo on 10 September, 2010, and is co-organized with the DESD World Festival Forum chaired by Dr. Ryokichi Hirono, Professor Emeritus, Seikei University, Tokyo and Vice Chair, Japan Asia-Pacific Committee for Earth Charter (JAPEC), Tokyo
This event is supported by a number of entities such as UNESCO, UN University, and others.
Experts on the field of education and sustainable development from all over Asia Pacific region have been invited to this conference.
The program will include following speakers from Asia:
- Dr. Kartikeya V. Sarabhai, Director of CEE India and Earth Charter International Council Member; India
- Dr. Ahangamage T Ariyaratne: Founder and President of Sarvodaya Shramadana Movement, Sri Lanka;
- Dr. Bunthan Ngo, Vice Rector, Royal University of Agriculture, Phnom Penh, Cambodia;
- Mr. Sophee Tim, Royal University of Agriculture, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Dr. Ranjana Saikia, Director, Environment Education and Youth Services, Tata Energy and Resources Instiute & Coordinator, RCE Delhi; India
- Dr. Jiang Dahe, Director, UNEP-Tongji Institute of Environment for Sustainable Development, Tongj University; ROK
- Dr. Jingchun Tang, Associate Professor, Nankai University, Tianjin, China;
- Dr. Lalita Siriwattananon, Professor, Thailand;
- Dr. Danai Taitakoo, Lecturer, Department of Landscape Architecture, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand.