The bibliography features books, book chapters, articles from scholarly journals, manuals, teacher’s resources, magazine stories, etc. written by outstanding scholars, academicians, community activists and youth leaders.
All resources are classified into six categories according to the type of publication and the scope of the Earth Charter content:
- Books in which the Earth Charter is a central focus
- Books that significantly reference the Earth Charter
- Book chapters on the Earth Charter in edited works
- Essays on the Earth Charter in scholarly journals
- Articles on the Earth Charter in periodicals including magazines and newsletters
- Booklets and manuals (including teacher’s resources) providing general information on the Earth Charter, as well as guidance and resource materials which can be used in education.
The bibliography was recently updated and is constantly growing. It currently includes almost 300 publications, many of which are available in the Earth Charter Virtual Library. Please send a description of materials you think should be included.
For more information, please click here.