On 18th November 2017, the 4th Forum of Solidary Schools took place in Lleida, Spain, with the participation of teachers who promote values, solidarity and the Earth Charter in their classrooms.
Seventy participants enjoyed the various presentations and activities, among them the presentation “Unesco Projects in Tortosa”, by Mrs. Montserrat Esteve, President of the Unesco Tortosa Friends Association, who spoke about Community Service. The following are some experiences that were showcased during this forum:
– Implícate+ (“Get+involved”) with modding and sustainability. Presenters: Raúl Vallés and 1SMX Lérida INS Caparrella students.
– Community Service. Bridge between Generations. “We connect if we know each other”. Presenters: Teaching team and ESO 3rd grade INS Josep Lladonosa students. Organization: Lleida Down Association.
– “Get+involved” to improve the environment. Presenters: Pedro Pifarré, Josep Maria Freije and primary school 2nd grade students of the Maristas Montserrat of Lleida High School.
– Your APS . Authors: Joan Dalmau and ESO 4th grade students of Maristas Montserrat of Lleida High School.
– “Get+involved” rebuilding cultures, transforming identities. Presenters: Juan Cuenca and Montse Remacha of INS Guissona de Guissona.
– Community Service. INS Joan Oró of Lérida.
– “Get+involved” with Bob the frog. How to awaken tolerance from a tale. Presenter: Mónica Berenguer of the Municipal Kindergarten Albarés of Lleida.
The Forum organized by Implícate + (“Get + involved”) ECI Affiliated organization, was chaired by Mrs. Montserrat Macià, Director of the Institute of Lleida Studies; Mr. Miguel Ángel Cullerés Director of Lleida Territorial Education Services; and Mr. Oscar Castro, President of Lleida Friends of Unesco Association. Other collaborators were the UNESCO Education Commission of Lleida, and the Coordinator of ONGD and other Solidary Movements.
All attendees received a cut-out of the IV Pillar of the Earth Charter, “Democracy, non-violence and peace” during the closing of the Forum.
There are 46 teachers of 40 different educational centers involved in the Implícate + project. This project aims at bringing about changes in the traditional education paradigm, promoting transversal teaching that goes beyond the formal contents and procedures, towards an active teaching that aims to make the students co-responsible for their future as citizens with an ethical and social commitment to achieve a decent future for all.
This project starte in Lleida, and has received awards from the Impulso Foundation and Federico Mayor Zaragoza. It currently collaborates with the Earth Charter Initiative and is open to anyone willing to get involved.
This video presents a summary of the Forum: