Interview with Humberto Maturana and Ximena Davila, of Matriztica School in Santiago, Chile.
Maturana is a renowned biologist and philosopher from Chile. He invented a theory of autopoiesis, about the nature of reflexive feedback control in living systems. Ximena Davila is a Professor from Chile who collaborates with Maturana, together they developed the dynamic vision that entangled the Biology of Knowledge and the Biology of Love that conform the basis for the Biological Matrix of Human Existence. Together they co-founded “la Escuela Matriztica de Santiago”.
In this interview, done by Cristina Moreno together with the support of the Methodist University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, Humberto Maturana and his colleague Ximena Davila offer their insights and reflections about the meaning of the Earth Charter and its relevance for today’s challenges.
The interview is divided into the following topics (click on the links below to find the interview in English and Spanish):
1. The meaning of the Earth Charter
2. Weaving Cultural Biology and the Earth Charter
3. Earth Charter: Co-inspiration, ethics and love
4. The future is now
5. Living lovingly: the necessary changes Presence in the Natural World
6. Changing to action and reflection
7. The Earth Charter invitation
See transcription of the video here.
For more information on their work visit