Earth Charter International
Communication and Marketing Manager
The Earth Charter is a global ethical framework for guiding and inspiring individuals, companies and other organizations to act for a more just, sustainable and peaceful world. It includes the values and principles of respect and care for the community of life, ecological integrity, social and economic justice, democracy, nonviolence and peace. The Earth Charter Movement is a diverse, global network of individuals and organizations from all regions of the world that have embraced the Earth Charter and are using it in various ways. The Earth Charter International (ECI) Secretariat in San Jose, Costa Rica functions as central hub for the worldwide Earth Charter Movement. Its core function is to raise awareness, encourage the use and implementation of the Earth Charter and to provide guidance and support to the Movement.
In view of the Earth Charter 20 year celebration in June 2020, a Scale Up Project is being launched, including a new, revamped communication strategy to reach and involve far more people in the global Earth Charter Movement. To lead the Earth Charter marketing and further develop and execute the new communication strategy for the Scale Up Project, Earth Charter International is looking for an international Communication and Marketing Manager.
Manage communications and share information (and stories) with the expanded Earth Charter community. Increase substantially the visibility of Earth Charter Movement worldwide (of the document, the movement and the institution). Exponentially increase the number of individuals and organizations that are aware and are using the Earth Charter and that have adopted the EC.
- Implement and further develop the EC communication/marketing strategy.
- Outreach to potential influencers/multipliers.
- Approach and follow-up potential networks to help scale up the promotion of the EC and its activities worldwide.
- Source and develop news articles with stories and Earth Charter Newsflashes/News bulletin.
- Build and manage relations with international EC news contributors.
- Develop and implement a social media and new endorsement (EC adoption) strategy/campaign on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn focused on marketing the EC and its education programmes as well as increase EC endorsements.
- Manage the workflow of communication and marketing.
- Develop and refine marketing goals, promotional activities and branding in consultation with the team.
- Responsible for staying up to date on relevant trends and techniques
- Manage social media investment.
- Develop an automated system of email replies for resource information sharing.
- Help develop and coordinate the production of promotional materials for publicizing the EC and the activities/stories of the Movement (such as infographics, brochures/flyers/posters email marketing) for both print and online advertising.
- Responsible for Customer-Relationship Management (CRM) interaction with new interested individuals and potential new partners.
- Develop monthly report and analysis on the results.
- The ability, skills and desire to market a product.
- University studies or formal training in marketing and communications.
- At least three years’ experience in communication and marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and in Spanish. English should be fluent, preferably as a native language.
- Good visual storyteller, experience in media or publishing is appreciated.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
- Advanced skills on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Linkedin and GoogleMarketing.
- Ability to develop basic graphic design material.
- A high degree of self-motivation.
- The skills to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work across sectors and cultures.
Duty Station, Start Date, and Remuneration
This is a full-time position on a 18 months contract, based at the University for Peace campus in El Rodeo de Mora, Ciudad Colón, Costa Rica.
The successful candidate should start as soon as possible.
The salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance and paid holidays.
To Apply (by 25 March 2019)
Send your CV and a 1-page Motivation Letter with specific references to the qualifications and responsibilities in this job announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include contact information for two professional references. Finalists will be contacted for an interview.