Euro-Arab youth collaboration for more sustainable world, an online youth sustainability leadership course, takes place in June – July 2011.
Through these links you can view the recordings of the online sessions and learn more about the topics related to youth sustainability leadership! Each recording is around 2 hours long.
1. Getting to know the Earth Charter and a skill of Visioning
– This session introduces the Earth Charter and presents the need Donella Meadows’ approach on visioning for sustainable future.
2. Intercultural Dialogue | Intercultural Communicative Competence
– Earth Charter is a framework that will serve as a basis upon which mutual understanding between global citizens can be built through the process of dialogue.
3. Youth sustainability leadership
– Earth Charter functions as an ethical blueprint for leaders. Sustainability leaders recognize that sustainable development is essential because it “meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”.
4. Sustainable ways of living
– All of us leave traces wherever we go; our ecological footprints depend on our lifestyles. Earth Charter can guide us in choosing a better way. Transition is possible!
5. Learning from Successful Projects and the skill of Imitating
– The best way to learn on the sustainable development is to concentrate on
successful projects. Leadership, vision, communication and partnerships are essential in sustainable development but the most important is imitation.
6. Planning for Sustainable Action Projects inspired by the Earth Charter
– A key lesson from successful stories is that the pursuit of sustainable development requires innovation in the ‘how’ rather than the ‘what’. Now the course participants will present their own ideas!