Around the world, young people are living the Earth Charter in their mindset, actions, and vision. You can use the Earth Charter as your tool to strengthen your current work OR as a framework for a new project to make a positive change in your community.
If you´ve already begun your journey working for change, and are working with a project or organization around issues of peace, justice, and sustainability, you may consider:
- How does our vision align that that of the Earth Charter?
- Would the EC be a useful educational tool for our project, whether for organizers or beneficiaries?
- Could endorsing the EC help strengthen/clarify our vision and values?
- Could the EC be a useful reference for publications and promotions?
- Are there individuals or organizations in the EC Network with whom we may want to collaborate?
- Do we want to be part of the Earth Charter Network and movement for a more just, peaceful, and sustainable world?
If you have the energy and passion to create positive change, but aren´t currently working with a project or organization, are you considering developing a new project? As you´re getting started, you may consider:
- What is the problem I want to address?
- What are my strengths, skills, and interests?
- Who might I contact (friends, businesses, organizations) to help me with this project?
- What is my timeline and time commitment?
- What resources (money, materials, venue, etc.) are available to me?
Download the ECI Youth Toolkit for help starting a new project to tackle a problem in your community.
Young people have been finding low-cost, creative ways to implement Earth Charter-inspired projects in their communities. Some past projects have included campaigns, rallies, workshops, fundraisers, classes, trainings, video conferences, concerts, sports events, clean-ups, installing waste management and drinking water systems, participating in International Days and events, forming youth groups, discussion groups, radio talks, etc.
Whether you´re interested in integrating the Earth Charter into you current work or motivating to develop something new, take advantage of the guides, curricula, and other materials that other young people have created and shared in the virtual library . Also, contact the Coordinator for Youth Project at email@example.com for support.
Interested to see what Earth Charter International has planned? Learn about our youth-programme-2016-2017.