Leadership, Sustainability, and Ethics
A 10-week training for emerging young leaders
This online course is designed for young people, 18-30 years old, who aim to develop and expand their capacity as leaders in contributing to more just, sustainable, and peaceful societies.
Click here to see the course brochure.
Over the 10-week training, participants engage with the theory and practice of:
- System Thinking
- The Earth Charter
This course is one of Earth Charter International’s contribution to the United Nations 2030 Agenda on Education for Sustainable Development. ECI offers this training multiple times a year in English and Spanish.
Training Schedule for 2020:
- English training- 13 January- 27 March
- Spanish training- 13 April- 22 June
- English training- 28 September- 7 December
Training Schedule for 2019:
- English training- 14 January- 25 March
- English training- 07 October- 13 December
Trainings held in 2018:
- English training 15 January – 26 March
- Spanish training 9 April – 18 June
- English training 2 July – 10 September
- Spanish training 24 September – 3 December
[This training] has renewed my commitment to the Earth. It has renewed my commitment to leadership. It has renewed my commitment to being human.”
-Kelly Ngeti, Kenya, 2016 Participant
Alumni of the Leadership, Sustainability, and Ethic training are invited to become Earth Charter Young Leaders. ECYLs contribute with processes of social change while engaging other actors in their communities and collaborate with Earth Charter International (ECI) in different projects.
Past Online Courses
In the past ECI, in partnership with other organizations, has offered online courses including:
- Leadership, Sustainability, and Ethics- 2016-current
- Global Citizen- Earth Charter online training- 2014-2015
- Arab-African Youth Forum- April 2014
- Earth Charter and IDEASforUS Online Youth Course- 2013
- African Youth Leadership, Sustainability and Ethics Course- February 2012
- Youth Leadership, Sustainability and Ethics- 2010-2012
- E-Glo: Earth Charter Global Learning Opportunity– 2008-2010