“Provide all, especially children and youth, with educational opportunities that empower them to contribute actively to sustainable development.¨
Earth Charter Principle 14a
Earth Charter International collaborates with key youth organizations that actively promote the Earth Charter in their vision, values, and work. Would ECI and your organization mutually benefit from a partnership? Please consider the following check list:
- Does your organization or network have an international or global scope?
- Is your organization youth-oriented, or does it have a particular branch or department dedicated to youth?
- Is your organization’s mission and vision aligned with that of the Earth Charter?
- Has your organization endorsed the Earth Charter?
- Does your organization (want to) embrace and support the Earth Charter principles and values?
- Does your organization (want to) directly and explicitly use the EC in activities and programming?
A partnership amplifies the reach and effectiveness of both organizations to engage and train youth to be leaders in creating positive change locally and globally. For specific partnership benefits, consider the following:
- Acknowledgement of the partnership on ECI’s and Partner’s websites and appropriate written promotional materials
- Collaboration to identify specific strategies for incorporating the EC into Partner’s activities and programs
- Assistance in marketing relevant events and news to online networks when appropriate
Neither Partners nor ECI are under any financial obligations.
If you’d like to discuss partnership possibilities with ECI, please contact the Coordinator of Youth Projects at [email protected]
Meet ECI’s current youth partners:
CliMates (France): A global Student Think & Do Tank committed to finding and promoting innovative solutions to climate change.
Ideas for US (USA): An organization that helps nurture the talents of youth leaders to drive solutions and implement sustainability programs and initiatives on campuses and across communities around the World.
La Ruta del Clima (Costa Rica): An organization of Latin American youth promoting and facilitating spaces for youth decision-making and Education on climate change and sustainable development.
EOTO World provides capacity building services for human rights activists across the globe to strengthen anti-poverty and peace work. EOTO World ensures safe spaces for activists to publish critical analyses, build vital skills, network and share resources to transform communities across the globe.
Climate-Smart Agriculture Youth Network (CSAYN) is a group of volunteers (based in eight countries in sub saharan Africa, US, Canada, and Europe) – sharing findings and seeking advice for their practical projects in CSA and the environment. Youth trainings such as African Youth for the Sustainable Development Goals aim to engage youth across Africa to better understand the SDGs and how they can contribute to the achievements of the SDGs.
Casas Optimus is a universal and professional family, offering sustainable planning, architectural design and construction services focusing on quality of life and having a minimal carbon footprint while carrying out these projects.
The Réseau International des Jeunes Leaders Francophones– RIJLF (Internatioal Network of young Francophone leaders) works in synergy toward the promotion of freedom, peace, education, training, entrepreneurship, social innovation, the preservation of the environment, and leadership in all French speaking countries. They contribute to transforming society positively through actions in social, entrepreneurial, cultural and environmental areas.