Earth Charter Committee of Australia has been working under the United Nations Association of Australia (UNAA). This group recently published an Earth Charter Brochure, which they have been sharing in their activities.
A very interesting action this Committee carry out every year is the UNAA Queensland Global Citizenship Schools Programme.
The aim is to engage and inspire primary and secondary students across Queensland to become active Global Citizens. The specific objectives are:
– Engage and inspire students to become active Global Citizens
– Empower students to be effective leaders
– Support students to plan two UN Global Goals school initiatives
– Target Principle 14a of the Earth Charter: “Provide all, especially children and youth, with educational opportunities that empower them to contribute actively to sustainable development.”
– Build connections between schools and Local Members
Registration is open for the 2018 program, find all information here: http://unaaqglobalcitizens.weebly.com/