On April 22 in Tabasco, as well as in different parts of the world, a journey to save the “our home” from environmental degradation was carried out with the purpose of finding the balance between nature and the economic, social, cultural and spiritual needs.
The event of celebration of Mother Earth’s Day had the following objectives:
• Disseminate the main principles of the Earth Charter;
• Promote dialogue, collaboration and action for a sustainable future;
• Share experiences and establish goals and objectives for the next decade;
• Expand the Earth Charter network; and
• Look for a wider citizen’s awareness and understanding of the care for Mother Earth through the Earth Charter.
The event took place at the Alexander Ivánovich Oparin Auditorium of the Academic Division of Biological Sciences of the Juarez Autonomous University of Tabasco.