Earth Day Webinar
21 April, 7pm Costa Rica = 6pm PST
22 April, 10am Tokyo = 11am Brisbane, Australia
Amid the challenges of climate change, biodiversity loss, social disparity, and a lack of ethical leadership, what is our vision of Planetary Well-being and how can we contribute, and evaluate our contributions towards that through the ethical perspective of the Earth Charter?
Earth Charter International, Okayama University UNESCO Chair in Research and Education for Sustainable Development, and Griffith University Climate Action Beacon are organizing an Earth Day event to provide an opportunity to exchange views and reflect about the challenges we face as Earth Community and the opportunities we have to turn things around in the direction of planetary well-being. The following questions will be addressed:
- What is Planetary Well-being?
- What are our contributions to Planetary Well-being?
- How can we assess / evaluate our contributions to Planetary Well-being through the Earth Charter lens?
- Brendan Mackey, (Australia)
- Director, Griffith Climate Action Beacon at Griffith University
- Earth Charter International, Council member
- Kazuo Takahashi, (Japan)
- Former Official of OECD and Advisor of the Library of Alexandria
- Former Professor of the International Christian University
- Anupam Saraph, (India)
- Professor and Director of Research Project, Earth Charter International
- Board Member/Advisor to the Balaton Group, Club of Rome Indian National Association and Jalbiradari
Moderator: Mirian Vilela, Earth Charter International
For those interested in joining in Zoom, please register here: