Rocío holds a degree in International Relations and received her Bachelor of International Relations from the University of Panama in 2011.
She obtained her International Postgraduate Diploma in Climate Change – International Climate Negotiations from the Green Fund, Huancayo, Peru in 2016, as a fellow of the Organization of American States.
She has been a fellow of the following Certificate Programmes:
- Formation and Comprehension of Human Rights of the Organization of American States in 2010
- Approach to Equal Rights and Gender Equality in Policies, Programs and Projects of the Organization of American States in 2017
- Political Innovation of Southern Affairs and the Academy of Political Innovation with the Outstanding Project “La Huerta de Rosy” in 2017
- Leadership, Sustainability and Ethics Programme with Earth Charter International in 2017
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystems of the Central American Integration System (SICA) in 2018
- Training Program: “SISA Activando Women of Southern Affairs and the Academy of Political Innovation in 2019
She coordinated the Labor Insertion Program at the Vice-Rectory for Student Affairs at the University of Panama in 2013 to find employment for students and graduates, through the ministries, institutions, agencies and companies that make up the Panamanian State.
Represented the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences of the University of Panama as a Youth Delegate in:
- IV Youth Forum of the Americas in commemoration of the VII Summit of the Americas in 2015
- Seminar on Protected Agriculture and Industrial Development of Sand in Asia 2015 in the People’s Republic of China
- 16 Summit of Nobel Peace Prize Laureates in Bogotá, Colombia in 2017
She received three (3) times the Octavio Méndez Pereira Medal (2015, 2016 and 2017) in the Cultural Category, represented as a Youth Delegate in the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences of the University of Panama on Student Day.
Represented the Young Leaders of the Earth Charter as a Youth Delegate in:
- V Youth Forum of the Americas in commemoration of the V Summit of the Americas in 2018
She was part of the Citizen Ambassador Program Agenda 2030 organized by The Millennials Movement with the purpose of promoting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Currently, she is an activist and analyst for International Relations, Human Rights and the Environment and Sustainable Development.
She held the Virtual Dialogue: “The Earth Charter acts for the Youth of the Americas” in commemoration of the 2020 Youth Dialogue of the Americas organized by the Organization of American States and the Young Americas Business Trust.
She has been an exhibitor and organizer of face-to-face and virtual events on the topics of:
- The United Nations System
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Climate Change
- Earth Charter
- Human Rights